Mother’s Day (US) is just under a week away and if you’re like me, you may or may not be completely unprepared for it. I love my mom, and that I’m unprepared doesn't mean I love her any less, simply that I am a hopelessly distracted adult with shifting priorities. Thankfully, I have a little bit more time as I won’t be seeing my mother for a few more weeks, but nevertheless she will receive numerous phone calls over the course of the next week and a bevy of gifts upon our reunion. I find that the more aesthetically pleasing things I pilfer her with, the more she is prone to forgive me. There’s no doubt we are related.
In preparing this gift guide I discussed with Lee what she might not be able to live without this Mother’s Day. You’ll find we haven’t diverted much from last year’s guide, but as the adage stands, you can’t go wrong with the classics. To make it more interesting, Lee presented the challenge: choose a larger item, and fill it with everything you could need inside. You could gift any of these items in groups or individually, but save for the coffee, all of these items fit so wonderfully in the Kate Spade Sam bag* you could also stick a bow on it and be on your way. I might just plan all of my gifting endeavors this way.
In my bag:
- Vintage Liberty scarf – other options: Liberty print silk scarves or a more affordable Liberty print bandana
- Shakespeare’s Sonnets, State Street Press
- D&G Travel Perfume in No 10 – alternate D&G perfumes
- Vintage passport holder – other options: Kate Spade*, Baekgaard, Etsy
- Moleskine Planner
- Mophie Rose Gold Travel Charger
- J. Crew Pom Pom Keychain – alternate
- J.Crew card holder/wallet – alternate
- J.Crew pearl necklace – alternate
- Warby Parker sunglasses
- Caudalie hand lotion
- Bite Lipstick
- Glossier Generation G Lipstick
- NARS Lipstick
*Use code MDAY18 for 20% discount on Kate Spade items.