Makeup That’s Always in My Bag
At any point in time, there are always at least three lipsticks in my bag. My record in the past has actually been seven. In the morning, I make sure I remember to take whatever shade I have applied with me, and in the evening I forget to take it out. You should see the comical scenes at the airport when I remember that I have extra makeup scattered around and I have to quickly gather all that I have and try to make it fit into an already tightly-packed plastic bag. Despite this, I have no regrets, as I have developed a system of emergency makeup that privileges more solid consistency to liquid ones, as well as smaller versions of regular-sized products or just products that do not take up much space.
So, without further ado, here is what you can usually find in my bag!
1. Les Violettes, Poudre Compacte Transparente Voile De Matité – Guerlain. Carrying powder in your bag is nothing new, of course. Before reapplying, I alway make sure to blot my skin with a tissue in order to avoid any unpleasant effect. I also opted for the compact version of the loose powder I actually use at home, so that I don’t mix too many different products, risking a change in tones in the middle of the day.
2. Retouching Face Pencil, Illuminate - Bobbi Brown. I reviewed this highlighter in the past and I confessed to not being super thrilled about it. My main complaint was that the tip of the pencil was always too hard and ended up reddening my skin. In the summer, however, the heat is so strong that the consistency changes towards something that is more manageable and creamy.
3. Face Touch Up Stick in (1) Warm Ivory - Bobbi Brown. I would never not have a concealer with me. I have a couple of acne scars that I feel very self-conscious about and that I tend to retouch. I also use it when I reapply lipstick after having eaten to contour my lips! This product has been discontinued, but the Retouching Wand and the Retouching Face Pencil in your skin tone serve the same purpose.
4. Kiss & Blush Duo Stick in (3) - YSL. This is a product I have been obsessing over for a while now. The two colours, a coral orange and an orangey red, perfectly complement both my cheeks and my lips. It’s basically two products in one! And it’s so practical and easy to apply, it’s a dream.
5. The Lipsticks! As I mentioned, the lipstick section is the one that tends to change a bit more, as I do sometimes remember to drop one or two at home (mostly when I am running around in the morning and I start screaming to myself ‘where on earth is my Huda Matte, WHERE?!’). At this specific moment in time, these are the ones that I am happily carrying with me: Liquid Matte Lipstick in Socialite by Huda Beauty, a good balance between something that is natural but still noticeable; Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Cruella by Nars, for when I want to upgrade my look with a bold red lip; Phyto-Lip Twist in (6) by Sisley Paris, for when I want some cherry red on my lips but still trying to keep it casual; and, last but not least, L’Absolu Rouge in (192) Lie de Vin by Lancôme, for that red wine stain effect.